Cane-line is subject to the Danish Data Protection Act (Databeskyttelsesloven) and the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and all personal data are processed in accordance with this legal basis. Under the above legislation, Cane-line is the data controller for the data registered about you as a customer when you visit our website. Below, a description is provided of the data that we collect and how we handle such data.
Cane-line collects user data from the following sources:
- From cookies when you visit our website, such as IP address, country, pages displayed, categories displayed, products displayed, interaction/clicks and searches.
- From purchases, such as demographic data, email address, payment details, products, order total and frequency. This includes the sending of transaction emails, for example order confirmations.
- From user behaviour and engagement in the sent communication (email, text message, direct mail or telephone), such as time to open, time to click, and time spent reading emails, sender domain and type of email client.
- From registration form in connection with registration of products for extended warranty.
All data are stored electronically for five years.
The purpose of the data collection is:
- Obligations. To meet our obligation to you as our customer or user of our services – such as purchase, invoicing and customer service.
- Customer service. To enable us to offer customer service by email or telephone. To answer questions about your order or previous orders, provide guidance and correct errors.
- Marketing. To provide inspiration and display products via web, email, newsletters, telephone and third-party marketing.
- Customer experience. To improve the customer experience through interaction, such as personalising your website experience, developing new features, services and products. This also entails managing, protecting, operating and maintaining our websites, system administration and security, and granting consent to statistics about website use and purchases as well as to improve understanding of our customers’ preferences.
- Fraud and risk. To prevent fraud and perform risk assessments.
- Legislation. To comply with all applicable legislation.
- Product registration. To be able to document the purchase of a product in connection with the customer’s registration of the product for extended one-year warranty.
- ANALYSIS TOOLS
We use various analysis tools, such as Google Analytics, to help us collect statistics and provide you with a better experience.
- THIRD-PARTY COOKIES
- MARKETING & RE-TARGETING
Cane-line works with businesses to improve our online advertising to ensure that you are shown advertisements of relevance to you.
Cane-line websites contain third-party components such as ‘Facebook likes’. These third-party components mean that the third-party component owner, for example Facebook, receives technical data about your browser, IP address, which pages you visit on the website and similar data. The third-party component owner’s processing of data is beyond our control and is solely a matter between you and the third-party component owner.
Cane-line’s websites contain a number of technical cookies that are necessary to ensure the functionality of a number of website features. These are cookies that are stored when you log in to the website. In addition, cookies are stored to manage the contents of your basket.
- LOG STATISTICS
We use log statistics on Cane-line’s websites, which means that a statistical system collects data that can give a statistical picture of visitor numbers to a website, where they come from, how much time they spend on the website and where they exit the website etc.
We use the log statistics to optimise the website and its functionality.
- PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Cane-line warrants that your personal data are stored in a secure and confidential manner at all times. Access to all registered user data is limited to trusted employees, and our security measures are continuously checked to determine whether user data are handled securely and with due respect for your rights.
Cane-line encrypts all your account details using the so-called Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. This means that unauthorised parties cannot read your card number or other transaction data via the payee. For the same reason, the page on which you make your payments also looks different to the rest of the webshop, precisely to make sure that it is secure and that the data are encrypted.
Our website is hosted by external suppliers which process the data on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions.
Contact regarding personal data
If you want to have access to the data that we have registered about you, please contact: email@example.com. If incorrect data have been registered or if you have any other objections, you can contact us at the above email address. You have a right of access to the data which have been registered about you, and you can lodge an objection against a registration in accordance with the Danish Data Protection Act.
As a customer, you have a right of access to your collected data categories (Articles 15, 16 and 17), and you may lodge an objection against the registration in accordance with the relevant rules of the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). When we receive an inquiry about the processing of data, we will update, modify or remove personal data that we control, provided that this does not violate any legislation.
We may reject requests that are repeated for no valid reason, that require disproportionately extensive technical intervention (e.g. development of a new system or substantial modification of existing processes), that affect other individuals’ personal data, or that are extremely impractical (e.g. information from backup systems). All inquiries about this must be addressed to us directly via email firstname.lastname@example.org .
- GENERAL OBJECTION AND ACCESS
Please note that you have a right to object and a right of access at any given time in accordance with the Danish Data Protection Act and a right to rectification of your data in accordance with section 15, see section 1e, of the Danish Data Protection Act.
- RIGHT TO COMPLAIN
If you want to complain about the processing of your personal data, please contact Cane-line by email at email@example.com. If we do not manage to find a solution, you can lodge a complaint with the relevant administrative board, provided that the conditions for this have been met.